Week 1 January 1-7
asato ma sadgamaya
tamaso ma jyotirgamaya
mrtyorma amrtam gamaya
om shanti shanti shanti.
Lead me from the unreal to the real
Lead me from darkness to light.
Lead me from death to immortality
Om Peace Peace Peace.
(Brhadaranyaka Upanishad — I.iii.28)
Prayer chanted (audio only)
- Watch January 2002 “Causality” from Dr.Hawkins
- Listen to the Upanishads whenever there is free time, esp. when sleeping
- Listen to your Bodytalk session 1-2 times
- Listen to guided meditation close to once a day
- Listen to the chant of the prayer whenever you are not already listening to any of the above or are actively practicing the practices for the day. You can also have it run in the background even when you are practicing.
January 1 “Lead me from the unreal to the real.”
Apply this statement to everything that is experienced within consciousness. Seek an absolute state of humility so that you can be open where you are lead from your current experience. Kepp praying this prayer and hold in mind with a radical and complete openness to wherever you may lead today.
January 2 “Lead me from the unreal to the real part 2.”
Today we are taking this lesson more particular. Yesterday we were holding this prayer and just be open to whatever may happen. Today we are applying towards “all of the perception” to negate perception itself (as unreal) and go beyond perception (the real).
January 4 “Lead me from darkness to Light”
January 6 “Lead me from death to immortality”
Lord Krishna said:
O Arjuna hear how that with your consciousness absorbed in me, taking complete shelter of Me, executing the science of uniting the individual consciousness with the Ultimate Consciousness you will be able know me completely free from doubt